The Burrough of the Gleann Museum
The Burrough of the Gleann Museum opened in 2000 in a building which was built in 1974 to house the School Division in Glenboro. The Museum provides a glimpse into the lives of early settlers of the Glenboro South Cypress area from the late 1800s to 1950s. It is home to an extensive collection of artifacts donated by the community, organized into displays depicting this period of the community’s history.
The main floor features a general store, as well as living quarters, including a kitchen, dining room, parlour, bedroom, and a room set aside for special exhibits. The lower level focuses on early farm tools, businesses such as Dr. Hurton’s dental office, curling and baseball memorabilia; and a school room. Throughout the Museum there are other items of interest including photographs, post office boxes, a telephone switchboard, and Elise Vane artifacts.
The Museum is open during July and August, and the hours will be posted once the availability of a summer student is known. If you need information or would like to visit the Museum when it is not open, please contact one of the Board Members: Myrtle Nichols 827-3962; Grace Olsen 827-27261; Joy LaLonde 827-2299; Danielle Patterson 827-3939; Val Verstraete 827-2188; Barb Paton 204 -800-1237; Carol Fulford 827-2357; and Tracy Rimmer 827-2829.
Museum (during operating hours) – 431-299-0128
Online donations to the Museum may be made a by clicking here: Donate now